Bean Soy All Natural Candles - Red Wine & Roses
  • I decided to support a fellow Canadian and purchase a set of six soy tealights from a seller that goes by the name beansoycandle
  • I was dismayed to find out that the amazing little wax creations that have brought me so much joy also release toxic substances into the air when they burn

• by Meredith

I am a candle lover. I can’t seem to go to a shopping mall without smelling every candle I see and coming home with at least one of them. With the ever increasing need to go “green,” I began a search for organic candles. Being mostly unaware of the candle making process and candle ingredients, I wasn’t even sure what an organic candle should contain or not contain. Luckily, the good ol’ internet was there for me in my time of need.

I typed “organic candle” into the search engine on eBay and up came a multitude of candles that are apparently made of soy. So the question of what “organic candles” are made from was answered.

/> I decided to support a fellow Canadian and purchase a set of six soy tealights from a seller that goes by the name “beansoycandle. ” The eBay listing itself, as well as the seller’s own website, www.

beansoycandle. com, gave me a mini lesson on the benefits of soy candles. I was dismayed to find out that the amazing little wax creations that have brought me so much joy also release toxic substances into the air when they burn. These toxins are believed to cause cancer in some cases.

Luckily for me, I wasn’t disheartened for long. Soy candles are toxin free. Soy candles are also biodegradable. Score one for the green team!

The particular tea lights that I had ...

• purchased are hand poured and are dye and additive free.

The whole description of the candles sounded fantastic and for $4. 50 CAD plus $2 shipping and handling, I hoped they would live up to my expectations. I truly hoped I wouldn’t be forced to stop burning candles. To say that I was pleasantly surprised when my candles arrived would be an understatement.

It took less than a week for my candles to arrive in the mail. As soon as I opened the package I could smell something wonderful. The candles that I had ordered were called “Red Wine & Roses” and they certainly did not disappoint. They smell fantastic.

Absolutely fantastic. The scent is strong and yet

not overwhelming. I just had to light one right away. I imagine a larger candle would have scented the room much faster, but the tealight did disperse the scent around the room after awhile.

I didn’t actually time it, but I would say the tea light lasted for 3-4 hours. It didn’t take long for me to go through all six. I can’t wait to buy a larger size candle from the same seller. Overall, I highly recommend these candles.

Because they do not contain dye they are just plain white, but it gives them a sense of being clean. Knowing that they will not harm the health of my family or myself gives me a sense of being clean, too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12906371250830/k2311a069/6.9.08