This Minivan is a Blue Dream
2.5
  • A while ago I bought a sky blue 1991 Dodge Caravan for about $1,000
  • I guess it doesn't make much sense to review and recommend a car that's 14 years old, because only a pure madman or woman would actually buy one

• by SpliffyZ
      A while ago I bought a sky blue 1991 Dodge Caravan for about $1,000. It was a private deal. I guess it doesn’t make much sense to review and recommend a car that’s 14 years old, because only a pure madman or woman would actually buy one.

Well I did, and I take it out on the road. It’s pretty great.

The engine isn’t 14

years old, only about half that, so it runs pretty well. The interior is a bit beat up, but otherwise it holds up and conveys me to my destinations in style.

Dodge makes some nice minivans in general, so I recommend them. It’s just the idea of a minivan that I really want to recommend.

They are underrated for style and functionality. Well, maybe not ...

• style.

But really, they are pretty safe, as they were designed to take America’s children to school and soccer practice. I say were, because the SUV recently devoured the minivan.

But they get better mileage than SUVs are less prone to demonstrating impromptu acrobatic feats on the highway - cartwheels and sommersaults. They also have more storage room than SUVs, as you probably know.

Seven

people or an entire room-full of things have been known to occupy the same minivan at the same time. If you’re in college, you can get at least 15 people into one.

So that’s it. If you’re in the market for a new or used car, don’t forget the forgotten horse - the minivan.

She’s dying to serve her master once again. Style score: 2, Functionality score: 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 98093710630/k2311a098/9.8.05