Traveller’s Hostel - Prague  » Hotels  »
0.5
Dlouha, Prague
  • So I recommend using a pillow case or something
  • I'm not complaining about it - I like a good party as much as anyone

• by SpliffyZ
      They say that when you’re in a foreign city, excited to be there, and looking for a specific type of place - a hostel, a bar, a money exchange - that you should never stop at the first one you find. Well, it’s probably the same when you’re just shopping on the Internet for the same thing. Traveller’s Hostel is one of the more heavily advertised hostels in Prague - it’s big, part of a chain, and only a few minutes

from the Old Town Square.

The people who run it seem to think these details warrant rude service and overcharging. I’ve stayed there twice, the first time out of ignorance and the second out of desperation, and both times the people working behind the desk have come off as exhausted, disgruntled, really hungry, or all three.

They don’t exude that welcoming spirit common to most hostels. Also, they are expensive and they charge for every single service they offer.

...

• The most blatant of them all is extra linens and towels. They are the only place I’ve been to that charged for towels.

So I recommend using a pillow case or something. Also, it’s a party hostel, so just beware.

I’m not complaining about it - I like a good party as much as anyone. But if you’re not looking for one, don’t stay there.

Prague is full of hostels. And while most of them are nearly

always busy, you should be able to find a much nicer one in a comparably great location.

Just do a little research. I’ve stayed in others that are much better, though I can’t remember the names now.

One that I liked was the Elf, but you have to walk about ten or fifteen minutes to get into the heart of the old city. Still, it’s a fun, warm, laid back place.

So, this Traveller’s Hostel gets my very first 1 rating. Dig…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28093700630/k2311a098/9.8.05