Enough starring Jennifer Lopez  » Movies  »
  • Enough (2002) was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time
  • At one point I found myself saying Oohhh
  • It definitely showed director Michael Apted's genius and creativity

• by hiddentreasure

“Enough” (2002) was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It had shades of Sleeping With the Enemy and Double Jeopardy, but stood out among the crowd. Jennifer Lopez stars as Slim, a woman who suffers physical abuse at the hands of her controlling, dominating husband Mitch (played by Billy Campbell).

With daughter Gracie in tow, she is determined to escape the abuse and survive, despite her estranged husband’s multiple attempts on her life. I’m not a fan of Lopez as

an singer, actress, or entrepreneur, but I must give her credit for this film.

There many points in the movie where I forgot that I was watching Jennifer Lopez, which is a testament to her spellbounding performance. Additionally, the film was both suspenseful and unpredictable (in a good way of course).

I particularly liked its coherence. There were events that occurred later on in the film tied into things that happened in the beginning.

At one point I found myself saying “Oohhh… so THAT’S why ...

• he…”, referring to a scene earlier on. The film kept me drawn in from start to finish.

It definitely showed director Michael Apted’s genius and creativity.

As a woman, I found this movie to be quite inspirational.

Although I haven’t been in a relationship like the one portrayed in the film, I appreciated its value and was able to empathize greatly with the main character. I felt myself tearing up during a couple of the abuse scenes and also at the end.

For me,

Slim represents an all-too-common tragedy in marriages around the world. Yet and still, she represents resilience, determination, strong will, and triumph.

This was more than just some hyped-up revenge flick; this delivered a message to all people. It drove home the reality of domestic violence.

It highlighted oppression in a way that many tend to overlook. It also reinforced the “you can do it, never give up” attitude that made Slim victorious.

I absolutely loved this film; one that I will remember for years to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11606369840830/k2311a066/6.6.08