Aloe Vera Jelly  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I think maybe it did help some scabs I had heal a bit quicker - but not appreciably quicker in a way that I could tell it was not just my imagination
  • I believe some scientific studies have backed up the claims of aloe vera so perhaps it's just this brand that is not pure enough
  • The brand I bought did not have a very nice texture - just plain sticky rather than emoilent

• by ElegantSnake

Aloe Vera gel is made from the leaves of a succulent plant. It’s supposed to help soothe your skin and help it heal faster. The reason I’ve read that it can heal skin quicker is that it increases blood flow to the wound. A lot of people swear by aloe vera but

I’ve never gotten it to be able to work all that well for me for anything. My opinion is that it is overrated. The brand I have is called “Aloe Vera of Australia” it says on the label that it’s 98% pure aloe vera jelly. It also contains Allantoin and some preservatives. You can find it at most health food stores. Here’s what I’ve tried it on:

Sunburn: It did feel nice and cooling and soothing when I first put it on but it dried to a nasty sticky texture that felt uncomfortable against my clothes. The mild sunburn I had took about 4 days ...

• Aloe Vera Jelly
      to dissappear which is the same as usual.

wounds: I think maybe it did help some scabs I had heal a bit quicker - but not appreciably quicker in a way that I could tell it was not just my imagination.

Chapped lips: Didn’t feel any more moisturizing than regular lip balm. My lips

got dry again quickly.

scars: Did absolutely nothing.

I believe some scientific studies have backed up the claims of aloe vera so perhaps it’s just this brand that is not pure enough. It might be better from the fresh plant. The brand I bought did not have a very nice texture - just plain sticky rather than emoilent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31506369550630/k2311a065/6.5.08