Naruto Episode 18 Subbed
  • With this we finally get our first killing in the series, and none too soon in my opinion
  • This is an interesting twist on the plot of ninjas, but not one that I am sure I like

• by pocnib

Episode 18 picks up exactly where the previous episode left off but does not really add much to the story line. Inari is finally done crying and decides to do something about the situation that his village is in, but the other villagers are just as frightened as he used to be and he is unable to get any help.

Back on the

bridge Naruto is also having a difficult time mustering the courage to kill Haku, despite continuous taunts and requests from the defeated boy.

While this is a noble character trait, it is really out of place and annoying in a ninja action show.

Kakashi at least is having no problems preparing to kill Zabuza, although he is taking his time doing so.

Just ...

• as Naruto becomes man enough to go in for the kill, Kakashi punches his Chidori at Zabuza, just to have Haku appear between the two ninjas, saving Zabuza’s life while pinning Kakashi’s arm.

With this we finally get our first killing in the series, and none too soon in my opinion.

This episode just really served the purpose of opening the door for a

change in the ninja world’s ethics, a change where young ninja are becoming much more like children and the life of a ninja is no longer so much a world of assassinations and emotionless actions as it is becoming more and more of a peaceful, civilian world.

This is an interesting twist on the plot of ninjas, but not one that I am sure I like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10406369090930/k2311a064/6.4.08