Sonic Fire Island Supersonic Burger
  • But,you could still taste a little of the pepper jacks bite

• by kfree

I went to my local Sonic Drive-In to try their new Fire Island Super sonic Burger. This turned out to be a very good burger. It has 2 beef patties,smoky cheddar and pepper jack cheeses,bacon,lettuce and tomatoes.

The surprise is a sweet and fiery Habanero sauce. At first,I was a little caught off guard by the sauce.

I wasn’t

expecting it to be so sweet. It wasn’t as hot as I was expecting.

It’s a thin sauce,so it gets the flavor on all the lettuce and tomatoes. They put plenty of sauce on the burger.

The bacon was crisp,which is different than most fast food burgers. Most say it’s crispy,then all you get is a couple of limp,microwaved slices.

The cheddar ...

• and pepper jack cheeses were a little covered up by the flavor of the sauce. But,you could still taste a little of the pepper jacks bite.

I usually like the Sonic specials more than the regular menu. Most of the regular menu is a little bland.

The burgers come out cold and the buns a little moist from the

condiments. The Fire Island burger had a lot of mixed flavors and the bun seemed to stay dry even with all of the Habanero sauce.

It’s a good sized burger. By itself it costs $4.

59,with tax. You can also make it a meal if you’d like for a bit more.

While I’m not normally a big fan of Sonics food,this was a pleasant surprise.

-18
    DaLana says :

I loved the Sonic Fire Island Burger. I had hoped they would bring it back this summer. …it looks like if I want it again I will have to make it my self. Does anybody have the recipe to the habenaro sauce they used?

Galega says :

Making habanero sauce isn’t as such a tedious process. You can do it at home easily within few minutes. Here is the recipe: Add the whole habanero peppers, water, lime juice, white vinegar, and tomato to blender blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a saucepan, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. This gives the sauce a more liquid consistency.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27406368930930/k2311a064/6.4.08