The Mist  » Movies  »
  • However, as much as I enjoyed this film, I have to say I only really liked the first 90 percent of it
  • I know they were trying for some sort of ironic twist at the end but the way they ended this one really took things a bit too far and were borderline tasteless
  • Anyway, this was a movie I definitely would recommend
  • But, I think you are better off shutting it off the second the heroes leave the store and leave the ending to speculation rather than seeing how they disappoint

• by Steve

Stephen King movies are usually hit or miss. Some are great, others are kind of dumb. The Mist falls into the former more than the latter.

But, it still is flawed. The great thing about The Mist is the fact you really never know what is going on until the very end.

You have a small town suffering a tornado and, the next morning, it is engulfed in a mysterious

fog that blocks everything from view but you know something is going on by the fact people are entering it and not returning. More importantly, you never know more than the characters in the film; this is important because it’s much easier to feel like you’re trapped in the store with them that way.

Even when things are revealed, the movie manages to keep the creep factor in place. The spiders in the pharmacy had me squirming and it was great to see only parts of the other monsters in the fog because it just makes it harder to find something fake about them.

However, as much as I enjoyed this film, I have to say I only really liked the first 90 percent of it. The ending was actually one of the stupidest endings I’ve seen in a while.

...

• The Mist
      I know they were trying for some sort of ironic twist at the end but the way they ended this one really took things a bit too far and were borderline tasteless. I won’t go into detail because I don’t want to ruin everything for you but I find it hard to believe that a group of people would fight their way through an army of monsters to get into
      an SUV only to decide to quit the second the car runs out of gas.

I mean, you’re on a road with other cars. Why not try to find one that has gas in it and keep going?

Anyway, this was a movie I definitely would recommend.

But, I think you are better off shutting it off the second the heroes leave the store and leave the ending to speculation rather than seeing how they disappoint.

The Mist

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11306368521230/k2311a063/6.3.08