Country Kitchen Beaver Dam WI  » Restaurants  »
Beaver Dam, WI
  • In the past, we've eaten there and, while we've enjoyed the food, we've found the service to be actually quite terrible
  • Because we were hungry for something different and our first choice in restaurant was already packed, my wife and I decided to give Country Kitchen one more try

• by Steve

It’s been a while since my wife and I have gone to Country Kitchen for breakfast; even though it is located just a block or two away from us. In the past, we’ve eaten there and, while we’ve enjoyed the food, we’ve found the service to be actually quite terrible. Because we were hungry for something different and our first choice in restaurant was already packed, my wife and I decided to give Country Kitchen one more try. While we found it has improved some, it’s still far from being our first choice.

First, the food was still great. I

ordered an omelet and my wife ordered one of their breakfast skillets. There wasn’t enough for leftovers to take home, but it was filling.

The price also wasn’t bad; for the two of us, it only came to about $15. The service has improved some as well. The waitress we had was very friendly; something we never came across the other times we’ve dined there.

She came to our table several times to check on us and didn’t lose her smile once despite the fact it was busy. However, the restaurant still has a couple issues it needs to work ...

• out. First, the food took forever to get to our table.

I mean, how long does it take to make an omelet? It was busy but not that busy. We were starving so badly by the time the food finally got there, we actually thought about just leaving and going to McDonalds instead. The other big complaint I have is the fact they changed their policy with paying your bill.

It used to be you got your bill and walked up to the cashier to pay it. I liked that because it meant we could finish up and leave. Now,

you have to wait for your waitress to come back around to take your payment and then bring you back the receipt.

That took almost as long as the food did. And, we weren’t alone in our frustration. Several other customers tried to take their bill to the front only to be told they would have to wait for their server to take it for them.

Personally, I would think the restaurant would want its patrons to pay and leave; freeing up the tables for others. I might give Country Kitchen another try at another time. I only hope they can work out these final bugs before then.

Country Kitchen Beaver Dam WI

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7306368461230/k2311a063/6.3.08