Hopwood services  » Travel  »
M42 Junction 2
  • I like stopping at the services for the choice that is on offer for food you can choose from Welcome breaks own restaurant which services hot and cold food, from full cooked English Breakfast to Lasagne
  • As well as a KFC they have a Burger King, which is another favourite of ours as the burgers from there are so tasty

• by Lyndsey

When my family and I are travelling on the M42 motorway we often stop of at Hopwood services whether it is for a quick snack, a stretch of the legs, toilet break or even a meal. The services are at junction 2 of the M42.

Hopwood services is a fairly new service area and as such is still new looking inside and is still nicely maintained. Welcome Break runs it. I like stopping at the services for the choice that is on offer for food you can choose from Welcome breaks own restaurant which services hot and cold food, from full cooked English Breakfast to Lasagne. Both of which I’ve had are

very nice. My husband does some travelling with work and has stopped at these services for breakfast, which he really likes. As well as there own restaurant there is a KFC serving traditional KFC food which is great because both my husband and our eldest love the boneless box that KFC. The food from this KFC is very good and quick. As well as a KFC they have a Burger King, which is another favourite of ours as the burgers from there are so tasty. There is also a Coffee Primo if all you want is a quick drink of coffee and a pastry. If you have bought your ...

• own food there are places outside to have a picnic as well.

The services also has BT openzone so if like my husband you have your laptop you can connect to the internet and other things from there which is great if you want to do some work while taking a break from driving.

There is also a very well stocked shop, which we use to get some sweets for the kids for the journey. We have also bought drinks sandwiches and even some CD’s from there. We find the shop is good value for money and does have most things we need if we are on a trip.

While you are having a break from

the driving there is an outdoor kids play area to keep them occupied and for them to stretch their legs, our Kurt loves this area.

There are a couple of down side to these services. The first one is that there is no accommodation for an overnight stay if that’s what you wish. The other is that if you want to use the cash machine then you have to pay for that service.

There is a BP fuel station at these service which has toilets and cash machines again you will have to pay. There is also a shop inside selling some food to take away and drinks. They do sell LPG which is good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38306368281230/k2311a063/6.3.08