DirecTV satellite service Philadelphia PA
1.0
Philadelphia, PA
  • I wouldn't recommend DirecTV to my worst enemy
  • I have had DISH Network for almost a year now and not once has it given me a problem, even during inclement weather

• by hiddentreasure

Having DirecTV satellite service was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. I had it for five long, agonizing months before I switched to another provider. One of the most annoying things was the fact that it did not provide a consistently clear, uninterrupted picture. Quite frequently (two or three times a day), the screen would go black and a “waiting for signal” message would appear.

It just so happened that these messages would appear more frequently on the channels that I watched the most, e. g. Bravo, TLC, Discovery Health, etc.

DVR was pretty

much a joke because right in the middle of recording a show the signal would be lost, which resulted in a gap during during playback. Not only is their satellite service poor, but DirecTV’s customer service is lousy. I called countless times and followed their troubleshooting suggestions, but they didn’t work.

On four separate occasions, I scheduled service appointments to have the dish, wiring, connections, etc checked. Each of the four technicians (one was a supervisor) could not find anything to explain the problems I was having. Again, I called customer service line to complain.

...

• Nothing. So we were forced to endure constant interruptions in our favorite programming. Mind you, this does not include the days on which the satellite went out completely due to rain, wind, clouds, cold, or anything less than perfect.

Even on the fair-weather days, it managed to find a reason to lose its signal. 85% of the time we had no picture, with episodes lasting a little as 3-5 minutes or as long as 4-5 hours. Eventually, I was given the excuse that it “just doesn’t work in some areas of the city”.

It’s not

like I live in the suburbs; the area I lived in was as urban as it could get. I wish I had known that before I had the service installed. After months of headaches, I cancelled the service and sent the receivers back.

To make matters worse, they had a nerve to charge me a termination fee! I am still disputing it to this very day. I wouldn’t recommend DirecTV to my worst enemy. I have had DISH Network for almost a year now and not once has it given me a problem, even during inclement weather.

gsorrell says :

re : I wouldn’t recommend DirecTV to my worst enemy
    I had this hideous cable company Customer Service Reps are nasty,as are the supervisors.

Nobody knows where to return DIRECT T.V. equipment in Philadelphia, PA.
    Now, I am just appalled that they have the Audacity to say that I owe them more money.
    I will not… pay them anything. Justas the service was extremely POOOR
    A MATTER OF FACT MAYBE THEY SHOULD PAY ME.

Shahidah Phillips says :

I had Direct TV service and I agree….the servixe is very poor and they are deleting a lot of the good networks off of their service but yet they aren’t trying to work with their customers by lowering their rates, If I sign up for a certain package and the company discontinues some of their features then the only fair thing to do for the consumer is to adjust their rate or at the most give them a 3 month credit in order to keep the customer from foing to a competitor

Andrew Leither says :

Do you get Direct T.V. in South Africa I am not sure but I don’t think so its highly unlikely

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23206367151030/k2311a062/6.2.08