Summit Parkview Hotel Yangon  » Hotels  »
350 Ahlone Road , Dagon Township , Yangon , Myanmar
  • If I like to stay at a hotel located in a quiet environment in Yangon, and at the same time, not too far from downtown, Summit Parkview Hotel is the choice
  • The hotel is just 15 minutes to downtown area, to the shopping malls, cultural centres, and the Yangon City railway station, which makes it very convenient for business travelers or holiday makers

• by Mark Williams

If I like to stay at a hotel located in a quiet environment in Yangon, and at the same time, not too far from downtown, Summit Parkview Hotel is the choice. I had stayed there a few times on my business trips to Myanmar and found it very pleasant and comfortable. The front desk staff was always so friendly, courteous, and ready to provide the help the guests need.

They remembered that I had stayed here previously, and hence would welcome me as if I was coming back home. During my recent stay, I had a room on the fourth floor with an spectacular view towards the Shwe Dagon Pagoda, the most highly worshipped pagoda in the Buddhist world.

The Pagoda was just a walking distance from the Hotel. The room was very nicely furnished, clean ...

• and tidy, and the air-conditioner working perfectly.

That was needed when staying in Yangon in the middle of summer. The hotel is just 15 minutes to downtown area, to the shopping malls, cultural centres, and the Yangon City railway station, which makes it very convenient for business travelers or holiday makers.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent serving Asian and Western cuisine. Dinner buffets were delicious too.

I was

very happy and comfortable staying at Summit Parkview Hotel. The only frustration I had while there was in getting a taxi.

Taxis did run along the road the Hotel is on, but not that frequently. It was a long wait some times to get a taxi.

I was very happy with the service and the friendliness of the staff, and I would certainly come back here if I would get the opportunity to visit Yangon again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2106366570330/k2311a061/6.1.08