Vegetable Omlette recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love to cook and I find it highly pleasurable, especially when people enjoy my cooking
  • One of my husband's favourite dishes that I do for us if we need something quick is vegetable omelette

• by Lyndsey

I love to cook and I find it highly pleasurable, especially when people enjoy my cooking. One of my husband’s favourite dishes that I do for us if we need something quick is vegetable omelette. For this dish you will require the following ingredients to serve 2 people.

5 small courgettes, Course grain sea salt, 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 Shallot chopped finely, 1 small glove of garlic, 2 large tomatoes these need to be skinned seeded and diced, A pinch of sugar, 5 eggs, 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of

oregano finely chopped, Black pepper to taste.

Firstly I trim the courgettes and cut them into large strips. I then sprinkle them with salt and leave them for around thirty minutes to drain. Next I heat half of the olive oil in the frying pan, I then dry the courgettes and sauté them on a medium to low heat for normally around eight to nine minutes or until they are a light brown colour. I them remove the excess oil by placing them on a paper towel. You will need a frying pan again ...

• in a minute so when it has cooled down just wipe the olive oil up. Now add just one tablespoon of the oil back into the pan the cook the shallots and garlic on a low heat till the become soft then add the tomatoes, sugar and a pinch of salt, then gentle boil for one to two minutes. Put the pan to one side we will come back to that later. Next we whisk all the eggs together with the cheese and the pepper, add the remaining oil to a pan, if you
        have an omelette pan used that but if not another frying pan will do. Spread the courgettes over the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with the oregano then pour over the whisked egg mix. Cook this till the eggs are lightly set, then I pour the tomato mix we did earlier over the eggs and season.

If you like olives you can put these on top as well. I then put the pan under the grill to cook the top, This takes one or two minutes tops, my husband and I normally have this with a few chips or just as a snack at lunch time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 493105366261231/k2311a0531/5.31.08