Cover Girl Fantastic Lash Mascara
2.0
  • The packaging for Cover Girl fantastic lash mascara in black/brown is quite interesting

• by Melissa Glenn

I have been buying Cover Girl cosmetics for years, but it is not often I have actually purchased their mascara; when Fantastic Lash Mascara came on sale for $6.99CDN I decided to try it. One of the reasons for my decision is that Cover Girl is one of the few department store brands of cosmetics to actually make mascara in black/brown colour. I have a very fair complexion, and find the standard

black mascara much too dark for me.

The packaging for Cover Girl fantastic lash mascara in black/brown is quite interesting; the red slightly cylindrical tube and the silver lettering make it look like a retro product. I don’t know if a 1950’s look was what Cover Girl had in mind when they designed the mascara tube, but it certainly has that look.

Sadly, this mascara looked a lot better than it was. While the ...

• curved mascara brush was easy to use, and it did even manage to coat my little tiny lashes at the edges of my eyes, the mascara itself was terrible. While I did indeed get a black/brown colour, this mascara was so thick that it glued my eyelashes together, and the smell was terrible. It was so bad in fact that I wondered if I had somehow managed to buy an expired product
        and quickly telephoned Cover Girl’s 1-800 line.

This mascara was not expired it simply is too thick to be of much use. Cover Girl need to thin this product out so it doesn’t clump on the curved brush before it gets to my eyes. Pass on this product ladies, like me you will find you spend twice as much time trying to get rid of the clumps than you do applying this mascara.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313005364331231/k2311a0530/5.30.08