A Gift of Fire by Sara Baase
  • I like the way the other flows from topic to topic
  • The author did such a great job of covering nearly every ethical and controversial issue that comes with technology
  • Now after reading this book I cannot definitely stand to one-side because I fully understand the other argument
  • The downfall was that there was a few dry spots of the book that just makes me go 'ahhhhh this is o boring'
  • The direct examples are my favorite part of this book, that made the book actually interesting

• by Eric

‘A gift of fire’ is a great book that makes you reconsider technology. For starters I am not one that likes to read, and considering this is a book on computer technical subjects I was very hesitant to read it.

I like the way the other flows from topic to topic.

The author

did such a great job of covering nearly every ethical and controversial issue that comes with technology.

The author does a good job in showing both side to an issue and why each side has these points of view and has a valid argument for each.

Before I started reading this book I ...

• had a strong stance on certain technical computer science issues.

Now after reading this book I cannot definitely stand to one-side because I fully understand the other argument.

The author still writes in a manner that even if I wasn’t into computer science I would still be able to comprehend the ethical issues.

The downfall was that there was a few dry spots of the book that just makes me go ‘ahhhhh this is o boring’.

The author did some great research to show actual problems that happened to real people and real companies.

The direct examples are my favorite part of this book, that made the book actually interesting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172905363580131/k2311a0529/5.29.08