On the Go Bistro Macaroni & Cheese  » Food  »
  • Luckily, I found On the Go Bistro in the deli aisle of my local supermarket
  • On the Go Bistro Macaroni & Cheese may not taste as good as your grandmother's made-from-scratch version, but for the price and the quality, I think even grandma would approve

• by Better Living

Life is too short to cook from scratch, and with great products available like On the Go Bistro Macaroni & Cheese, you don’t have to!

I was on the hunt for a macaroni and cheese that rivaled Stouffer’s. I had only one requirement…no boiling water! Luckily, I

found On the Go Bistro in the deli aisle of my local supermarket.

On the Go Bistro is microwaveable (cooks in justs 8 mins!), but I followed the conventional oven heating instructions.

In 30 minutes, a 2-lb package was ready to eat!

I stirred it up ...

• a bit and sprinkled on salt and pepper.

The macaroni was tender and it was surprisingly creamy.

I much preferred it over my previous favorite, Stouffer’s.

A 2-lb package was a bit pricy…about $5.

But, there are smaller sizes available if you are only cooking for one.

A

1-cup serving has 250 calories and 11 grams of fat.

It’s hard to stop at 1 cup.

I probably ate 2 or 3.

On the Go Bistro Macaroni & Cheese may not taste as good as your grandmother’s made-from-scratch version, but for the price and the quality, I think even grandma would approve.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272905363380131/k2311a0529/5.29.08