iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation 1 Gig  » Electronics  »
  • We do wish we could have some volume control, though I think that we could purchase different head phones for her from Wal-Mart rather cheaply
  • It is so small that initially, I thought that she might forget to take it off and I would inadvertently wash it
  • One thing that we don't like is that it can be tricky to move songs on/off the iPod, but that is a software issue
  • I recommend this model to those who aren't very tech friendly or for children less than 10

• by PinchingAbe

We purchased an Apple iPod Shuffle for our daughter as a birthday present. Back in February, the price had dropped to just under $50 bucks, so we purchased it via the Apple Store. Purchasing from the Apple Store allowed us to get free shipping (it shipped all the way from China in just a few days) and also free personalization. It also came in about five different colors, one of which was not pink, her favorite color. We opted for purple.

When it arrived, it came with ear buds and a charger. We charged her iPod via the USB port on my laptop

and loaded songs onto it from my own songs, which were widely imported off of CDs. We imported several of her CDs as a matter of course since she had already been borrowing my Shuffle, which was the bulkier first generation model.

Since our daughter is under 10, we wanted something inexpensive, yet durable. So far, the Apple iPod has lived up to our expectations. We do wish we could have some volume control, though I think that we could purchase different head phones for her from Wal-Mart rather cheaply. The ear buds don’t like to stay in her ears anyway. The ...

• iPod clips onto her shirt and stays put. It is so small that initially, I thought that she might forget to take it off and I would inadvertently wash it. That has not been the case, as she is careful with it, more so than we thought she would be.

The design is very minimalistic. Due to its size, there’s no bells and whistles. You can listen to your music as it is loaded on there or you can shuffle them. You have a play, pause, volume up, and a volume down button on the front. The off/on switch is on

the bottom, which can be tricky for larger fingers to use.

We have been most pleased with our purchase. We did research different Mp3 players and based on the recommendation of a music teacher, we bought the Apple iPod Shuffle for our daughter.

One thing that we don’t like is that it can be tricky to move songs on/off the iPod, but that is a software issue. The sound quality is good and it entertains her in the car, which is a definite plus. I recommend this model to those who aren’t very tech friendly or for children less than 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162905363360131/k2311a0529/5.29.08