Nintendo 64  » Games  »
2.5
  • Coming right after the super Nintendo Entertainment System (super NES), so many people had great hopes for this one but for me I found it quite the let down compared the Super NES
  • The Nintendo 64 did have some wonderful games but over all I would say that you shouldn't waste your money on this game system I recommend if you want a cheaper gaming system go with the classic Super NES
  • Some people really enjoyed this system but I just don't see why because it was quite similar to the Super NES but with less variety
  • I think the only thing that saved this system is a couple of the Mario games

• by Debra Gerrity

The Nintendo 64 was the 3rd installment of the Nintendo systems. Coming right after the super Nintendo Entertainment System (super NES), so many people had great hopes for this one but for me I found it quite the let down compared the Super NES.

The graphics may have been a bit better but

the variety of games was gone.

The Nintendo 64 did have some wonderful games but over all I would say that you shouldn’t waste your money on this game system I recommend if you want a cheaper gaming system go with the classic Super NES.

There is more game variety and the graphics ...

• are not that much more advance on the 64 compared the Super NES.

This system is still a classic and has fun games but most of the games you can find on the newer systems.

The controls on this one are big and bulky I do not like the controllers at all.

Some

people really enjoyed this system but I just don’t see why because it was quite similar to the Super NES but with less variety.

I think the only thing that saved this system is a couple of the Mario games.

It still is a good system for young kids that don’t understand today’s hype.

Jessica says :

The Nintendo 64 is hands down one of the best old school systems ever I say that because the adventure games were fun, long, detailed, and creative. I love Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64. They also have the Mario Party games and last but not least, drum roll please ………
    Smash Bros No games compare to these on the Nintendo 64.

Stephen Costley says :

I agree that the Nintendo 64 is a fantastic machine mainly for the reasons that you have stated and also the games such as Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party and Super Smash Bros. There are also classic games like F-Zero X, Pilotwings 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Top Gear Rally, not to mention Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask. However, in my opinion, the best old school system is, in fact, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The main reason for this is because it exceeded its expectations with the games it produced. Do you remember the Donkey Kong Country and Super Star Wars trilogies? The N64 was and still is a great machine but the SNES really did push itself beyond its limits.

Stephen Costley says :

re : I think the only thing that saved this system is a couple of the Mario games
    The Nintendo 64 was graphically and audibly superior to the Super Nintendo. The only similarity it had was that some games like Super Mario, F-Zero, StarFox and Pilotwings can be found on both machines. I think that the Nintendo 64 still had a lot to offer when the decision was made to launch the next machine which was the Nintendo Gamecube. You may recall that there were plans for an add-on called the Nintendo 64DD which was supposed to produce better quality graphics and gameplay but Nintendo later decided to abandon this.

Stephen Costley says :

The Nintendo 64 is a great system particularly for young kids as it introduces them to the world of 3-D gaming. Also, the Nintendo 64 control pad allows for maximum control for games like Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and StarFox 64.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282805362980231/k2311a0528/5.28.08