Sugarland Hotel
Araneta Street, Singcang, Bacolod City, 6100 Philippines
  • Add to that, the food that they provide to their clients and customer are very delicious
  • I have been to that hotel for 2 occasions and I could simply say that this hotel is one of the best here in the country
  • So I took it easy on my food intake just to avoid throwing up when I start drinking liquors

• by Teddy Fernandez

For the information of everybody, Sugarland Hotel is one of the oldest hotels here in Bacolod City. They have been operating here for more than 27 years. This hotel is not that big, but I could simply say that the service of their staff and personnel is a world class service. Add to that, the food that they provide to their clients and customer are very delicious.

I have been to that hotel for 2 occasions and I could simply say that this hotel is one of the best here in the country. The ambiance inside the hotel gives you a European feel. I have stayed in one of there rooms for one overnight. I could say that the rooms are very comfortable. Although I wasn’t the one who paid for that room, but the price of the room is reasonable for the comfort and service of the hotel.

The first time I went there was just last year, when our school’s club had this party for the

ongoing club members. On that occasion was also my first time to stay overnight on one of their rooms. We occupied the pool area, and with just a little decoration, and the place became elegant. They just placed some balloon into the pool and just a very simple table centerpiece to add a little decoration. For me, the highlight of that night was the food. Simply, the food was very good, it was tasty and delicious. For that night, we had Fried Chicken drizzled with Tomato Paste, Ox Tongue, Pasta Salad, the Chicken Soup, and for our dessert, we had a Blueberry Cheese Cake.

The Fried Chicken with Tomato Paste was terrific, as well as the Ox Tongue. The Pasta Salad and the Chicken Soup was just on the average taste, maybe it’s because I’m not that fond with Salads and Soups. The Blueberry Cheese Cake was fantastic, if you could taste it, I’m sure that you’ll crave for more of it. To my evaluation ...

• for that night, despite the food was just on the budget and it was a plated dinner party, still I could simply that everybody was satisfied and happy for that night.

After that night, we went out to go to the bar and have fun. Then, instead of deciding to just go home, we went back to the hotel because one of friend rented 1 extra room because the other was given for free and that the room she rented had a discount, so she just took the opportunity of renting another room. As I have said it, the room was very good, well organized, it gives you a very relaxing feeling. The bathroom is very clean and the design is very elegant as well. So I could say, that after that event I had a blast and really appreciated the service and accommodation of that hotel.

The second occasion was the party for my cousin, because she was about to get married and that her family thrown out a party

so that we may have a bonding with the other family as well. We occupied the Sampaguita Hall of the hotel. They had no decoration for that night, just as a centerpiece design for the party. It was a semi-formal party, and the dinner was buffet. Again, they served a superb and world class quality of food.

There was like a 5 or 6 kinds of food, not to mention the dessert. I only had a little despite it was a buffet, it is because later of that night I had to drink some beer and liquor. So I took it easy on my food intake just to avoid throwing up when I start drinking liquors. I ate Roast Beef, Pesto Pasta, and Roasted Pig for the night, oh I never had any dessert, as I have said I wanted to take it easy on my food intake. So to wrap up my review, well same excellent service and quality food from Sugarland Hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22805362900231/k2311a0528/5.28.08