Easton Popeye’s Easton MD
8199 Ocean Gtwy, Easton, MD 21601
  • Anyhow, with an upbeat energy, the cashier named Liz went right to work on my order and didn't seem to have a single problem with my requests
  • And her good energy, as well as the entire experience, put me in a better and comforted mood
  • We all deserve the best of experiences where ever we journey, and one by one, we each have the power to raise the bar

• by kenatra

The concept of true “customer service” is rare these days, but not gone.

Occasionally, we are lucky enough to come into contact with and individual who outshines all others and makes an impression on you that not only lasts for years to come, but actually changes your current point of view.

Oddly enough, I had the pleasure of meeting someone like this in a local fast food restaurant. While I usually don’t choose fast food as my source of nutrition (not that I am knocking fast food, it’s just not my standard), I was rushed and needed something to soothe my hunger and soothe my need for comfort food. I was at the end of a long day and didn’t want to have to deal with fixing a meal.

I ordered some chicken and made a few special requests. Normally, that is the time when you feel even more stress. Most of you

know what I am talking about. Making a special request for fast food is like asking for gold lined “to go” bags. You really want an item a special way, but you are consistently hesitant to ask because you either assume that they will get it wrong, or you will get that attitude from the cashier that you are dreading….you know the kind…like you are interrupting their day.

Anyhow, with an upbeat energy, the cashier named Liz went right to work on my order and didn’t seem to have a single problem with my requests. They were pretty simple. Things like “all one type of chicken” and “packs of mayo”, items separated into three “to go” bags, etc.

Within a very short time, Liz had assembled everything I asked for and was actually happy to prepare everything for me in to go bags like I asked. She was pleasant and completely ...

• confident with her job. She greeted me with a cheerful hello, thanked me for my business, showed actual care about my order being correct….and she did it all with (get this) a smile….Can you believe it? I couldn’t. And her good energy, as well as the entire experience, put me in a better and comforted mood. All because one person chose to take pride in her job and valued the concept of “customer service”.

Now here’s the ironic part. While she was preparing my order, I dashed off to the restroom and I sat in the eating area (only for a sec as she was incredibly quick with the order). I don’t even remember noticing if the restrooms were clean or the eating room was in order. All I was thinking about was how nice if felt to have someone offer great service and mean it. The cashier is usually our

first impression to any fast food business. I was so wrapped up in the experience that all external details took the back seat. That alone shows me how important customer service is.

I have even decided to “pay it forward” and now make a conscious effort to stand out (like Liz) when I am dealing with customers in my business. So, you see…one person can make a change.

Here is a big thank you to you personally Liz (I hope you eventually read this) for caring enough about yourself to make a difference, and kudos to Popeye’s for being smart enough to hire her.

I hope my review has uplifted you. We all deserve the best of experiences where ever we journey, and one by one, we each have the power to raise the bar. The next time you are in a customer service scenario, I hope you choose to make someone’s day!!!

Ken Allan Phillips

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72805362830231/k2311a0528/5.28.08