Bed from Ikea
2.5
  • I bought a bed from Ikea about a year and a half ago and use it for guests
  • On the other hands the problem was the slatted bed base

• by cokeandmenthos

I bought a bed from Ikea about a year and a half ago and use it for guests. Well the bed was quite cheap but it has some problems.

The bedframe was fine, the wood was strong, it still looks great today.

On the other hands the problem was the slatted bed base.

Now these are

the slates that you put under the mattress that hold the bed.

Everything was going fine until one day the bed slates stop holding onto the bedframe and they basically give way, causing the person on the bed to fall.

I reality it only happens on one side of the bed and is focused mainly on ...

• one spot.

Well after noticing this I tried to fix it with what I could find.

I used velcro with strong adhesive on the other side and attached the side of the slates to the bedframe.

That held for a bit but seems to not totally prevent the bed from falling.

I am pretty deceived as

it is essential that the bed should not fall apart once someone sleeps on it.

Therefore I would give this bed a 5.

I also wanted to advise you to be careful while buying furniture from Ikea as it can sometimes not be built well, my friend had a desk from Ikea that did not have all the right dimensions in the parts.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 572805362200131/k2311a0528/5.28.08