Spider-Man 3 (2007)  » Movies  »
  • Introducing the first character in the dark suit that came to Peter Parker, it changed his personality 100 fold in the wrong direction, we saw a side of Peter than no one could even dream of, and quite frankly, that was the worst acting I have even seen from a seasoned actor

• by Jermaine McKenzie

Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America for sequences of intense action violence. The original release date was May 4, 2007 for United States audience. This movie falls in the genre of Action/Adventure/Science Fiction/Thriller and stars Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker aka Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, James Franco as Harry Osborn aka New Goblin, Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko aka Sandman, Topher Grace as Eddie Brock aka Venom

and J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.

It is often said that the third time is the charm. Did Spider-Man 3 deliver on it’s promise?

This time around, we are introduced to three new villains…Sandman, Venom and New Goblin. Who made their mark and which one could have been left out completely? These are the big questions that I keep asking myself as I go through the torture that is Spider-Man 3.

Introducing the first character in the dark suit that came to Peter ...

• Parker, it changed his personality 100 fold in the wrong direction, we saw a side of Peter than no one could even dream of, and quite frankly, that was the worst acting I have even seen from a seasoned actor.

The New Goblin was predictable as it was showcased in the previous movie that his father has warped his son’s mind…nothing new and innovative there, moer like a blast from the past.

Sandman’s transformation was bombarded with too much CGI, then again, what

else is new, we have basically gotten used to it by now, but c’mon…

Lastly is Venom’s new host…showing off what is classic of the comic book bad guy to true form, mean and vicious…I LIKE IT!!

Overall, not the better of the three, but it can stand on its own and deliver. It didn’t strike me as much as the previous two, it lacked that special something…now I am left asking, will there be a fourth Spider-Man installation? I can only watch and wait.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112705361830231/k2311a0527/5.27.08