Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe  » Recipes  »
  • This has quickly become my favorite recipe when having a cook-out or contributing to a pot-luck
  • It is a great cold potato salad that will put a taste in your mouth that says loaded baked potato

• by Erin

This has quickly become my favorite recipe when having a cook-out or contributing to a pot-luck. It is quick, easy, and delicious. My measurements are going to be guesses because I never measure when I make it, so eyeball it with me.

You’ll need:

3 regular sized cans of pre-diced potatoes 1 bag of shredded

chedder cheese About a cup of real bacon bits About 1 1/2 cups of sour cream (maybe more) 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 tbsp. chives salt and pepper to taste

Open your cans of potatoes and drain them. (you can cook real potatoes and dice them up if you would like. This just happens to ...

• be the easiest way) Put them in a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, bacon bits, mayo, and chives. Mix everything together really well. This is when you want to add your sour cream. Do it a little at a time so you can make sure you make it the consistancy that you
        would like. Then add salt and pepper to suite your tastes. Cover your bowl and sit it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving it. It is a great cold potato salad that will put a taste in your mouth that says “loaded baked potato!”. Everyone gives it great reviews, so it is sure to be a hit.

Joan AZ says :

No questions—just that I prefer to mix potatoes skin on with black olives, cucumbers, dill pickles, onion, celery, mayo, dijon mustard, hard boiled eggs and fresh dill parsley cilantro for an awesome not potato only salad Try it, you may like it Joan S.

joan sundeen says :

Thanks Glad u loved it and u can add or delete whatever u want. It is all good to get creative

Jennifer Davis says :

That is so true, I love to add Lowry’s season salt to my potato salad. Occasionally I will add Old Bay seasoning as well, it is delicious I definitely suggest trying it.

joan sundeen says :

Never thought about Old Bay Sounds good. I am so about outside the box. Wondering what buffalo sauce would do?

Erin replies :

That sounds delicious I love finding reasons to add black olives to my dishes

Theodora says :

i will have a go at this recipe, sounds delicious and easy too. thank you so much for sharing.

joan sundeen says :

Try the variation You’ll love it

Joan AZ says :

Thanks, I think potato salad should be less potatoes and more other stuff 6-8 medium potatoes cooked with skin on and diced 1 small cucumber diced 1 can black olives diced 1 bunch radishes diced 3 stalks celery diced 8-12 hard boiled eggs diced 1 small white onion diced 1 2 bunch of cilantro diced 1 2 bunch of parsley diced 1 2 bunch of dill diced salt and pepper to taste dijon mustard and mayo to taste and to make creamy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492605361280131/k2311a0526/5.26.08