Italian Grilled Cheese recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found a way to give it a fun twist and plenty of new flavor

• by Erin

I tried this recipe out for the first time the other day and I was surprisingly satisfied. We are big on grilled cheese sandwiches around here because it is something that my young children will actually it. I found a way to give it a fun twist and plenty of new flavor.

You’ll need: 4 pieces of sliced French bread butter garlic salt with parsley 1 cup shredded mozz

cheese 4 slices pepperoni (large slices, otherwise more) 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

I like using the French bread because it gives it a better texture and taste overall. It isn’t a must, though. Butter one side of all pieces of bread. Sprinkle the seasoning on the buttered side of two slices.I used a waffle iron, but you can use a George Foreman or sandwich press. Set the two ...

• slices on bread, butter side down, in the iron. Top them with the cheeses, evenly distributed. Top the cheese with the pepperoni. Lay the remaining two pieces of bread on top of the sandwich, butter side up again. Sprinkle some seasoning on top. (keep in mind that garlic salt is really strong and you don’t want to add too much, just suite your tastes) Close the iron as
        much as you can and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Since French bread is much larger, I had to close it more and more as it cooked and began to press together. You can eat them as is, or use a dipping sauce for something extra. (I use either maranara or Vodka sauce)

There you go! A brand new grilled cheese sandwich that will taste nothing like the old stuff at all :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492605361260131/k2311a0526/5.26.08