X-bar Chocolate
2.5
  • When I first saw these on the shelves I decided to give it a try, so I bought one and bit in
  • It is a bit flatter than I thought it would be and more filling as well
  • I think it's a good thing but personally, I wouldn't buy it again unless I really need to

• by RJR

The X-bar is a chocolate bar that was recently brought out in Trinidad. It is like an imitation of the well known Snickers chocolate bar but it is locally made and also a cheaper alternative.

bit in. I have to admit it is pretty good but still can’t match up to the Snickers I’m used to.

The X-bar contains chopped up roasted peanuts smothered in caramel on top of a bar of nougat and then it is all covered in milk chocolate. It is a bit flatter than I thought ...

• it would be and more filling as well… i am not sure what made it more filling than the usual chocolate bar I’m used to eating.

The taste was a bit different to what I’m used to. Out chocolate in Trinidad is supposed to be richer than American chocolate yet I didn’t taste the

richness I expected from this one as I have experienced with so many other local chocolates.

Over all, this chocolate bar is a good alternative to those who wants a cheaper option to the imported stuff we get here. I think it’s a good thing but personally, I wouldn’t buy it again unless I really need to.

elle says :

I`ve tasted x-bar and i too think that it`s not a bad knock off of the more popular snickers. I think though that it`s close enough to warrant me purchasing again especially as its more affordable as you pointed out. I`ve had it a few times but i noticed that its actually whole peanuts and not chopped up nuts as you say. This makes it similar to snickers too… I was puzzled as to the richness of the chocolates locally as you noted as i think that compared to other international and regional brands ours TT may not be as rich in formulation at times. I thought that x-bar was richer than the others on the local market re-locally manufactured . I realise that the bar has less caramel than snickers but that it is equally as sweet. The manufacturers did an ok job and i think it does well to raise local chocolate manufacturing to another level. I guess it really does come down to taste. Do you prefer bitter-sweet or sweet as this may be the reason for your taste preference? In addition i think locally too persons at a particular standard prefer `premium` items and this may as well taint our purchasing choices. What do you think? I can`t wait for an almond version of x-bar tho…interesting….

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272505360901231/k2311a0525/5.25.08