The Lake House  » Movies  »
  • The only problem is that she lives in 2006 and he lives in 2004
  • I must admit that I thought that I see a different type of movie after watching the movie trailer
  • Although it is not straight forward romance due to the futuristic aspect, I enjoyed watching it
  • Interesting to know is that the dog in this movie is named Jack after Reeves's character in Speed

• by janet

The actors, Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves team up once again together to make this exception movie “The Lake House”, after 12 years from working together on the movie “Speed”.

We are used to seeing Sandra Bullock in romantic and sentimental movies and Keanu Reeves in futuristic movies. “The Lake House” brings these two aspects together

it is a romantic, futuristic movie.

“The Lake House” is based on a Korean movie released in 2000 with the name “Siworae”. The story is about Dr Kate Forster (Bullock) who finally meets the love of her life Alex Wyler (Reeves) through endless letters that they right to each other. The only problem is that she lives in 2006 ...

• and he lives in 2004!

I must admit that I thought that I see a different type of movie after watching the movie trailer. Although it is not straight forward romance due to the futuristic aspect, I enjoyed watching it.

Interesting to know is that the dog in this movie is named Jack after Reeves’s character in “Speed”. It took

100 carpenters, welders and painters to build and finish the lake house featured in this movie

“The Lake House” may be a surprise too many since it represent something different from “Speed”, the movie were Bullock and Reeves worked together. I still believe that it is a great movie, even if it takes a while to grip what is happening in it.

The Lake House

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112405360391231/k2311a0524/5.24.08