Johnsons baby soap  » Baby care  »
  • I am a big believer in not using lots of products on a newborn baby just simple soap and water is plenty and this product totally caters for that
  • The other amazing fact about this product is how long it lasts
  • Its the best 39p i have ever spent the value for money amazed me

• by allypuk

I have used Johnsons baby soap with both of my children. It is a small bar of soap found in most stores that stock baby products.

What amazed me most about this product was the price.

In most stores it costs between 30p and 50p.

Which compared to alot of the baby soap product that come in liquid form is really cheap.

It a simple bar of soap that

is perfect for any babys delicate skin, I have never seen any baby develop a rash etc from using this product and it is suitable from birth.

I am a big believer in not using lots of products on a newborn baby just simple soap and water is plenty and this product totally caters for that.

The other amazing fact about this product is how long it lasts.

I ...

• could not believe it after i had my first child and i still had the small bar of soap 9 months later.

I had given my daughter a bath nearly everyday.

Its the best 39p i have ever spent the value for money amazed me.

The other advantage of johnsons baby soap over the liquid soaps is that as your baby gets older and more mobile in the bath

the soap does not make it slippy and your baby can move around more safely.

For me its an absolute must have if you are having a baby.

Its so mild and delicate I used it from birth all other their body including their hair.

The great thing about this product is it does not leave the skin feeling dry and as baby skin can be very dry this is a deffinate plus.

Johnsons baby soap
    pat hordal says :

where can i buy johnson johnson baby soap,what stores i have looked at shoppers drug mart ,superstore,walmart.does it go under a different name now?

Ozzie MacKinnon says :

As per question above. At what stores can I purchase Johnsons baby soap on PEI, Canada?? It seems most of our retailers have shifted to Dove baby soap?

D.flannery says :

I live in London Ont. I cant find Johnsons baby soap anywhere.You used to get it at Walmart Foodbasics Dollarrama now i cant find it anywhere.I have sensitive dry skin Johnsons baby soap helps moisturise my skin and dont make me itchy like all the others do.Did Johnsons stop making this soap or change the name or packaging please someone let me know Thankyou D..Flannery

allypuk replies :

Johnsons baby soap can be found in boots in the uk, If you cant see it instore they do sell it online from boots in a pack of 4 for around 1.69 with free delivery correct at time of writing . As for outside the uk I am unsure but can have a little look into it for you.

As for canada and other non uk countries, I am unsure as the johnsons website for canada does not have the baby soap listed, I think the best place to try would be amazon, So cant be any more help.

Nuwanga says :

suitable baby soap type for newly born child

John says :

Johnsons baby soap can be used on newborns. However, it’s a good idea to only use it when necessary, because any soap can cause dehydration of a newborn’s skin. You should use only water to clean a newborn’s skin regularly.

Galega says :

For a newly born baby, top and tail may be the first way of bathing during the first week. Topping and tailing means washing your baby from head to toe with a warm, damp sponge or flannel, and pieces of moistened cotton wool.

After this, you can use Johnson Baby Soap with low frequency - once a week should be enough. Always find the right kind of water - warm or normal - that your baby loves and keep bathing in the same environment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542405359861231/k2311a0524/5.24.08