Swartzkopf Touch of Silver, Silver Reflex Shampoo
  • Later that day I had to call to my local chemist, where I noticed a shampoo (Swartzkopf Touch of Silver Silver Reflex Shampoo)
  • Seeing as it was only cheap (£2.08), I decided to buy it and give it a try
  • So, ignore the 'for grey/white hair' label - if you have platinum blonde colour treated hair, this shampoo is definitely for you

• by hollimellissa

I had very bleached blonde hair, which had a golden/yellowy tinge to it. The look I wanted to go for was somewhat similar to the Marilyn Monroe / Gwen Stefani white platinum blonde look. I wasn’t far off, but I couldn’t possibly bleach my hair again due to the bad condition that bleach had left my hair in the previous times I coloured it. Still, I was unhappy with my hair colour and needed something to take out the brassy/yellow tone to my hair.

Considering I was

training to become a hairdresser, my first thought was ‘toner’. A silver toner did indeed work - it made my hair look cleaner, brighter and less brassy - but it didn’t last for long (3 - 4 washes maximum), and it wasn’t cheap either! I couldn’t afford to keep toning my hair with the salon products. It was then that someone told me about violent pigment shampoos that were created in order to get rid of the brassyness in blonde hair.

Later that day I had to call ...

• to my local chemist, where I noticed a shampoo (Swartzkopf Touch of Silver Silver Reflex Shampoo). It was specifically designed for elderly women with grey/white hair to bring out the silver tones, but it was also recommended for blonde hair to reduce brassy/yellow tones. Seeing as it was only cheap (£2.08), I decided to buy it and give it a try.

…. I’ve been using it ever since!

I couldn’t believe the difference to my hair just after the first use. The yellow tones had reduced alot, and my

hair continued to gradually become less brassy after each use. Now I finally have that white platinum blonde look I craved from the start, and my colour doesn’t fade or become dull.

I must admit, after using Swartzkopf Touch of Silver shampoo, I was curious to know what the more expensive shampoos for blonde hair had to offer - but none of them compared to it!

So, ignore the ‘for grey/white hair’ label - if you have platinum blonde colour treated hair, this shampoo is definitely for you. Effective and affordable.

v. Kardosh says :

Please send me e-addresses of suppliers who can sell me Swartzkopf Silver Reflex shampoo. Thank you. V.kardosh

Galega says :

You are an Indian, as the name indicates, and you can easily find Swartzkopf Silver Reflex Shampoo in all metro cities. It may not be available in tier II cities. You can get it from the Select City Walk, Delhi. It is also available on Amazon and Flipkart websites, and you can order it from there.

Lisa Thibodeaux says :

where can i find this shampoo and what is the cost?

Mimi says :

Hi, Im naturally blonde and have not coloured it before. I want a lighter tone to my hair, to use this shampoo do you have to have coloured your hair from before and get it lighter or can you have naturally blond hair and use it to get it lighter ? Thanks -

Galega says :

This shampoo has nothing to do with the color of your hair. You can dye it at any time. It should not create any issues for your hair.

Mimi says :

Hi Im naturally blond, kind of light blond, I have never coloured it before, I want a lighter tone to my hair .. And I was wondering if you have to have colourd your hair from before to use this shampoo to get it lighter, or can you be naturally blond and use it and still get your hair lighter ? Thanks -

Galega says :

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312305359630431/k2311a0523/5.23.08