Classico Vodka Sauce  » Food  »
  • I love all things food, so this is no exception
  • In discovering this amazing sauce, I found my absolute favorite food
  • Classico is the brand I prefer for a couple of reasons

• by Erin

I love all things food, so this is no exception. In discovering this amazing sauce, I found my absolute favorite food. I had heard of vodka sauce in the past, but had never tried it.

Then I went grocery shopping (at Kroger) and found a 26 oz. jar of this delicious stuff for only $2! Now, it was on sale when I bought it.

The normal price is a little over $3. It is much easier for me to try out a new food when it is

on sale.

Anyways, I was blown away. I chose to try it out in a new recipe that I was going to be making for the first time.

I knew that I needed a base sauce, but a traditional ’spaghetti’ sauce or maranara just didn’t seem like a fit. (For a quick idea, it was a large mixture of chicken, smoked sausage slices, peppers, onions, garlice, and rice) This vodka sauce gave me the perfect sauce to compliment my meal.

The taste is so hard to explain.

• It’s like a tomato mixed with a creamy cheese…and something else that just doesn’t stick out.

The jar claims that it is pasta sauce, which is another great way to use it. (I like to toss some penne pasta with this sauce and top it with feta cheese) According to the label, there is a balance of tomatoes, cream, and cheese blended with vodka.

I know it doesn’t sound amazing, but the taste is very surprising. It is very unlike anything I have ever had.

It is

a light orange color, rather than a red. Classico is the brand I prefer for a couple of reasons.

First, they are the cheapest brand in Kroger for vodka sauce. Second, I buy a lot of their pasta sauces for spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna and I love it.

They season everything just right, so that it doesn’t just taste like tomato sauce with a little basil, like all the others do. So, for a great vodka sauce for a good price, go with Classico Signature Recipes New Vodka Sauce!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272305359550431/k2311a0523/5.23.08