Indian coffee house Jabalpur  » Restaurants  »
karamchand chowk, jabalpur, M.P., India
  • But the taste of masala dosas and vegetable cutlets is delicious as ever

• by jv

The Indian coffee house at karamchand chowk in the city of jabalpur,used to be my family’s favorite place to dine out over the weekend when my brother and I were kids. We absolutely loved the place and our usual choice used to be masala dosa or idlis or vegetable cutlets along with a cup of coffee.

Last December was

my first trip to India after I had come to Canada after my marriage and it was my earnest desire to take my husband to this coffee house.

We went to the coffee house two days in a row.

The place has changed altogether since I had been there in 2003.

They now have lodging and boarding as well apart ...

• from dining.

The menu has now incorporated north indian dishes along with our old time favorites those south indian dishes.

But the taste of masala dosas and vegetable cutlets is delicious as ever.

It is still a popular hang out among students and a typical choice for those gatherings of the literary intelligentsia and workplace meetings.

The place is clean

and the service is excellent and the food is marvellous.

The smell of food that fills the place still brings back my memories of childhood.

Plus it is situated in the heart of the city and you are never far away from it after long hours of shopping.

I would say it is a place worthwhile to try if you are in the city.

trapti_dol says :

how u apply the consumer research process in u r restaurent ?

Galega says :

Hi Trapti

This is not the place to ask management related questions. It is review based on personal opinion.

Having said that, let me tell you that ICH doesn’t do any sort of customer research. I have been a long time regular visitor of ICH (in New Delhi, Bhopal, Kolkata and Bangalore). Being a Government owned company, they care little, literally little, what their customers are thinking about services being offered. They are running only because the loyalty of customers and unavailability of large spaces in big cities to sit, smoke and chat with friends.

Shashi mishra says :

re : But the taste of masala dosas and vegetable cutlets is delicious as ever
    Masala dosas its yummmmmy :-) so delicious :-)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72305359510431/k2311a0523/5.23.08