Canon IXUS 500  » Cameras  »
  • People who love big LCDs on cameras should really avoid this

• by BARRY

Canon has been one of the top market sellers of cameras and printers for a long period of time now. Ever since it’s mass marketing strategy started, people have started to believe Canon is already a leading developer of cameras and printers. For me, I really don’t doubt that point. Especially for my family, we owned both a Canon IXUS 500 and a Canon i990 printer.

My family owns a Canon IXUS 500 3 years back. It’s a fairly simple to use

camera that we owned. At that period of time, a 5 megapixel camera was really impressive and great.

The IXUS 500 is rather bulky looking and heavy, compared to it’s later models, like the IXUS 860IS and so on. Technology has really improved tremendously, and it’s cameras are looking slimmer and lighter. I do like the silvery evergreen color, but still, compared to the new models nowadays, this is still an affordable and great camera now.

But seriously, be warned, this ...

• camera’s LCD screen is really really small. People who love big LCDs on cameras should really avoid this.

This camera does not have much functions I really made used of. I would normally just use it to snap away at almost anything. The IXUS 500 has a 3x optical zoom(as most cameras have now), and a 12x digital zoom. Even when I zoom into the 12x digital zoom, on top of the 3x optical zoom, the images still look fairly good for

the picture.

It’s card support for this camera would be the compact flash card. I personally think a reason you should stay out of this camera, is mainly because compact flash card MIGHT be extinct already.

Verdict, I do like this camera, but I would prefer a larger LCD for this camera though. They should not have used compact flash card for this camera. Overall, a 8/10 for the camera, for serving me such a long period of time. And I am still happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432105359110731/k2311a0521/5.21.08