Almay Triple Effect Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • What I found was a product that does exceptionally well
  • I have often paid nearly triple what I paid for Almay's Triple Effect mascara for products that did not perform half as well

• by Virginia Braden
      Ladies, we all know the scenario. The t. v.

and magazines bombard us with advertisements showing beautiful women with ultra long, thick and lush eyelashes and we rush right out to try the newest next best thing. We rip the package open and try it for ourselves only to find the product doesn’t do for us anything near what it had promised.

After several recent disappointing purchases of mascara

from major department store cosmetic brands, I purchased Almay’s Triple Effect mascara from a local drug store at a very reasonable price. I took it home and with the usual mix of hope and skepticism, I gave it a try.

What I found was a product that does exceptionally well. The brush itself isn’t anything special except that the bristles seem a little shorter than most.

The mascara ...

• itself literally glides on from the base to the tip of my lashes with such ease that I found it quite remarkable. Most mascaras that I have tried have a tendency to “drag” and pull during application.

This was smooth sailing all the way. To my surprise I did not need to apply multiple coats in order to get a very dramatic effect.

It coats very well from

base to tip creating long beautiful lashes quite effortlessly. Also, after all day wear, it still looked great–no flaking (a pet peeve of mine), or racoon eyes from running or smearing.

This product is a great find, especially for the money. I have often paid nearly triple what I paid for Almay’s Triple Effect mascara for products that did not perform half as well.

My opinion? Great product, great price!

Lisa Fortier says :

when did this mascara come out started being sold?

Galega says :

Initially, it was launched as a limited edition product. Now, it is widely available throughout the world. You can easily find it in your local cosmetic retail store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31100235910128/k2311a0210/2.10.06