Ol Roy Dinner Rounds Dry Dog Food  » Pets  »
1.5
  • I found with the dry food that the main ingredient was corn and that this caused my dogs to have a lot of gassy episodes and that they had a lot more stools and they were runny as well

• by Kimmy

I tried Old Roy dog food with my dogs both the dry dinner rounds and the canned meals. I found with the dry food that the main ingredient was corn and that this caused my dogs to have a lot of gassy episodes and that they had a lot more stools and they were runny as well.

The dogs seemed to have to eat a lot

more food as well since they were going to the bathroom more often.

I will not use the dry food anymore.

I have used the canned foods at times with my puppies that do not have their teeth formed well enough in order to chew dry food.

To me you get what you pay for and it costs less for me to buy a better ...

• brand food which has chicken as the main ingredient rather than the corn based products like Old Roy.

My dogs are healthier have less intestinal problems and have less stools to have to clean up after.

Its not worth it to me as this food is very inferior to other brands such as Iams or Nutro which contain chicken as their main product.

Nutro

has a natural line as well that has lamb and rice as well as chicken and rice that are very good for dogs with sensetive stomachs.

Its better to pay a bit more and to get quality food for my pets that they like and can tolerate without any issues.

Take my advice and dont even bother to buy this product! Your pet willl thank you for it

andy smith says :

My dog has been raised on ol roy dinner. He wont eat nothing else. Can someone help me with this my dog is losing weight i cant find ol roy dinner rounds any where as ol roy stopped manufacturing this item. Help please

Patricia says :

Well there are some things that were pulled from the shelves even out here in California Walmarts and other stores we have tried. I do happen to find the cans of wet food and my dogs love it. Also, I have seen other Ol’ Roy kibbles and tried adding warm water and mixing it until it creates a gravy. My dogs love it.

If you can find any Ol’ Roy where your at, try Pedigrees canned food mixed with their kibble. I find my picky dogs will inhale that mixture. If all else fails make chicken and rice so your dog will eat. throw in carrots and peas too and your dog will be happy.

mary peplinski says :

our Walmart in Berryville Arkansas carries the ol roy dinner rounds.

they carry the 20 lb bags.

we used to have 3 doggies, but now we are down to one. wish we could get the dinner rounds in smaller bags.

joseph aiello says :

Please advise as to where we can purchase ol roy dinner rounds dry dog food. Wal-mart no longer carries same. our location is lady lake, florida 32162

John says :

Joseph, Ol Roy Dinner Rounds Dry Dog Food has actually been discontinued. It’s no longer being manufactured.

Virginia Buccaroni says :

I too would like to know where we can now purchase the Ol Roy Dinner Rounds that I`ve bought at WalMart for almost 3 yrs. now. Our dog Murray absolutely loves this dog food and I cannot find it at WalMart any longer. I`m also unable to find any dry dog food that is with the same total soft consistency.. would you please advise me as to where I can find the dinner rounds. Thank you, Virginia Buccaroni

Patricia says :

I consistently check their website, I buy the dinner rounds, do pick up to stores near my residence as soon any of the stores have the item. Also do waitlist. I have senior dogs and they love it. With, this shortage I have gone extra miles to it.

Nancy Nickerson says :

Please advise us as to where we can purchase ol roy dinner rounds dry dog food. Our dogs love it and Wal-mart no longer carries it. We live in Northampton Massachusetts area 01060

John says :

Nancy, Wal-Mart used to carry it, but they no longer do because it has been discontinued.

KIM KENNERLY says :

PLEASE ADVISE ME WERE I CAN BUY OL ROY DINNER ROUNDS. WALMART NO LONGER CARRIES THEM. I LIVE IN SPRING VALLEY, CALIF 91977. MY DOG WILL BE HEART BROKEN IF SHE CAN`T HAVE HER ROUND O S.

Denise Randall says :

Please this is the only dog food my dfog will eat

Vida Allison says :

Where can I get it Please advise as to where we can purchase ol roy dinner rounds dry dog food. Wal-mart no longer carries this in my area. 70435

Michelle Thompson says :

I’m located in Indiana and we have a pet store in the area that carries those same dinner rounds. I don’t believe they are Ol Roy though, I think it’s under a different manufacturer but they are exactly the same. My sisters dogs were raised on Ol Roy dinner rounds as well, and they had to switch over to this other brand about a year and a half ago. Her dogs love them. My suggestion would be to search in your area for those same dinner rounds just under a different manufacturer. Good Luck.

mike says :

what is the name of the dinner rounds you found and who makes it?

Vivian Albright says :

I own a 5 pound Yorkie that is usually fed Ol Roy dinner rounds 1 time a day and a wet food 1 time a day. My Wal-marts do not have the smaller bags of the Dinner rounds. What can I do?. I do not like to feed her on wet food constantly. We do have 3 Wal-marts. How can I get the nearest Wal-MArt to order the smaller bags of Dinner Rounds? Thank you, Vivian Albright

John says :

Vivian, Wal-Mart actually no longer carries it, because it has been discontinued.

Dandy says :

What is the name of the other dinner rounds. Our dogs will only eat ol roy dinner rounds and we also give them the cheap hamburger patties.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291905358011131/k2311a0519/5.19.08