Elba Gas stove  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I finally contacted the manufactring company to rectify the problem
  • I think the cost is slightly higher than other brands
  • Overall, I liked it and would recommend for households which do not use multiple gas flames at a time

• by sweety

Elba is a pioneer manufacturer in cooking range and similar kitchen products. An Italian brand which I purchased for my newly bought home. Initially, when my contractor installed the kitchen cabinets, something went wrong which gave contiuous sparks on all three gas flames. I finally contacted the manufactring company to rectify the problem. The service man found that the problem was due to wrong installation. It took

about a day’s time for the service to rectify our complaints. After that, it worked fine.

It is a sleek black cute gas range with glass top. Easy to maintain provided the cooking is not too hard. The manufacturer intstructs not to use heavt or sharp objects that could cause scratches on the surface. I think the cost is slightly higher than other brands.In case of any ...

• spillage, the screws need to be opened up to clean the interiors. This could increase the life span of gas range. Another factor that is important is to not splash water on gas knobs as that ould spoil the gas range. I feel that any sort of rough handling with the gas range must be avoided and one needs to be extremely careful in using it.

Regarding burners, they

are too close in a triagular shape. So the vessels touch eash other tranfering heat from one container to another. With a little more distance between gas range, it would have been better. On initial looks the gas range looks spacious enough, but in practical use it is’nt the case. Overall, I liked it and would recommend for households which do not use multiple gas flames at a time.

-45
    susan says :

Help. Smeg or Elba gas stove and oven. Cannot decide. Need more info on Elba

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531905357771131/k2311a0519/5.19.08