Looking Glass Inn B&B Indianapolis  » Hotels  »
Indianapolis, Indiana
  • I have sinus problems and cigarette smoke just exaserbates the problem
  • My husband and I enjoyed the tub and spent quite a bit of time relaxing with a glass of wine and just talking

• by amandafishy

The Looking Glass Inn reminds me of an old farmhouse. The Inn is a delightful jewel tone cranberry. At first when you see the Inn the color is most shocking, but it is pretty. There are 2 dormer windows on the top of the Inn and it is a full 2 story home. The windows are the old fashioned and tall. They are framed by dark brown paint and a dark tone of tan over the window. The Inn has a lot of windows especially on the second floor. The porch in the front of the Inn is small and simple. It is almost the width of the Inn and kind of on the narrow side. The posts holding up the porch are painted black. There are 2 large windows to the house on the porch and the entry door. The steps up to the porch have a

small brick wall framing them. There is room for several chairs on the porch but not much more. While we were there they had plants in hanging pots hanging from the ceiling of the porch. The colors of the porch and the flowers really looked very nice together.

The yard had a big beautiful maple tree in front and a few shrubs and flowering plants around the side and front of the porch. The property was very well taken care of and everything was in order. The Inn is located in town so there is not a great deal of parking.

One thing that we really appreciated about the Inn was that it was a no smoking property. I have sinus problems and cigarette smoke just exaserbates the problem. Our room smelled very fresh and there was not hint of stinky stale smoke, we just loved it. We stayed in the Green Room which is exactly what it was. The room was a sage green. The Room was decorated with a variety of pine and wicker furniture. I liked the pine with the beautiful grain, but the wicker snagged on everything. The pine had a very pretty red stain on it and was very pretty against the green walls. The carpeting I didn’t care for. It was a “kind of checkered” brown and it just didn’t appeal to me. There was a pine armoire and a pine bed. The curved pine headboard looked very pretty with the comforter. The queen bed had a down comforter on it and matched the pretty pine colored furniture but not really the carpeting. The comforter was large and fluffy with large bouquets of flowers on it. The colors were brown and pink and some green. There was a different colored bed skirt on the ...

• Looking Glass Inn B&B Indianapolis
      bed, it looked OK, but. . . I wouldn’t have combined the two. There were 2 very simple night stands. The windows had lacy sheer curtains on them and the room looked very warm and charming. Our TV was cable and had several movie stations.

The room had a Jacuzzi which was large enough for 2 people. My husband and I enjoyed the tub and spent quite a bit of time relaxing with a glass of wine and just talking. The bathroom nice and it was comfortable for 2 people to get ready in. The fixtures for the sink and the lighting were more modern and were all very functional. We didn’t have a problem with either one

The management gave us access to the butler’s pantry where we could get munchies and something to drink. I liked that because even though you eat a meal sometime around 6 pm,

I am always looking for something to nibble on by around 8 or 9.

We got a continental breakfast during the week and they made a full breakfast on the weekend. The continental was breads, muffins, pastries, several different kinds of juices, coffee and tea. There were different kinds of jellies and jams available and butter or margarine. The weekend breakfast was substantial. My husband and I both had an omelette which was really tasty and full of all kinds of meat and vegetables.

The dining room was also painted a sage green with a lovely border at the top. There was a set of French doors in the dining room and they were this beautiful reddish cherry color. There was pretty buffet and table which both matched. There was also a huge area rug in the room.

We enjoyed our stay and the hospitality that the management gave us

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21805357081131/k2311a0518/5.18.08