Fujitsu S Series Laptop Computer  » Laptops  »
2.5
  • I used a couple of my favorite programs on here without any problems

• by Jenn Eblin

When I needed to use a laptop for a few days while waiting for my new computer to arrive, my dad was nice enough to volunteer his computer. I took one look as the Fujitsu Lifebook S Series laptop, and had my doubts. On first impression this computer is more of a child’s toy than something that people can use for their day to day work. The laptop computer is extremely small and extremely lightweight, I’m used to using larger computers, so I was a little hesitant to use this one.

The S Series is considered to be the budget friendly offering from Fujitsu, but the computer does have some nice features. The screen is fairly small, but once upon a time laptops were meant to be small. Today

it seems like the screen size keeps growing larger and larger, but this one is less than 14 inches and closer to 13 inches. It actually looks like the Barbie laptop we bought my niece for Christmas last year.

The keyboard is a little hard to get used to on it because the keys are unlike the keys found on other laptops. You won’t find a page down, page up, home, or end key on the computer. You actually have to press the control key and hold it down while pushing another to make the screen move. There is also not a way to adjust the volume on the computer without going into the system and doing it. My computers have always had a way to do it without ...

• using the system.

The rolling bar is fairly sensitive on this laptop and stays sensitive no matter how you adjust it. I tried turning the sensitivity down as low as possible, but I still found my mouse zooming all over the computer screen.

While using the S Series, I accidentally knocked off one of the keys, the shift button. I went online to try and find a way to put it back in place, but to no avail. There are two small metal pins that run through the top and bottom of each key. I managed to get the key centered back on the pins, but it still kept falling off. Apparently you need to clip the key back into place, while also keeping it caught on those pins.

I simply couldn’t do it.

I also found that the battery tends to fall out fairly easily. I lost the battery several times when using it over the course of a few days and that was with limiting my movements. I did like that it worked really well, and the speeds were pretty fast. I used a couple of my favorite programs on here without any problems.

The bottom line is that this is a cheap option is you need a laptop and you need one fast. I wouldn’t pick it if you need something that can handle a lot of different things at one time or if you plan on playing a lot of games. This is best suited for someone who wants a computer without a lot of frills.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631805356891131/k2311a0518/5.18.08