Kodak Easy Share C875 Digital Camera
  • I think that if you have larger hands though, you might find it hard to hold
  • However, there are a few things I don't like about this camera
  • I don't know if that's a common problem, but it's one I encountered quite a lot
  • I like almost everything about it, except for the battery issue

• by Jenn Eblin

While waiting for the charger for my own digital camera to arrive in the mail, I had to use my dad’s camera to handle all of my day to day picture needs. The Kodak Easy Share C875 is the camera I was able to use. This camera retails for around $200 direct from Kodak, though I’ve seen it far cheaper both online and from certain retailers.

When I first held the camera in my hands, I was surprised at how comfortable it felt. The camera itself looks quite bulky, but it fits my hands great. There’s a comfort grip handle on the side where your fingers can curl around the side to keep an even better hold on it. I think that if you have larger hands though, you might find it hard to hold.

The camera has 8 mega pixels and has a 3X digital zoom. It’s pretty easy to zoom in on things that look fairly far off. I swear that the zoom on this works better than my regular camera, even though they have the same zoom. This is

really easy to turn on too, because it has a little rotating knob on the top. You can set it to one of its specific settings, or turn on the video recording just by turning this knob.

However, there are a few things I don’t like about this camera. The first and biggest thing is that it completely drains the batteries, no matter what type your put in it. I used the expensive batteries made especially for digital cameras and they still drained in a short amount of time. If you plan on video recording anything, you can forget about it! I filmed three minutes of my friends goofing around and the camera died right in the middle. The check light or low battery light never even flashed once, it just stopped working.

I used this camera on a trip to North Carolina where I planned on taking a number of pictures at different museums and sights. I placed fresh batteries in it at one museum and those batteries died before I even made it out of the building. I don’t know ...

• if that’s a common problem, but it’s one I encountered quite a lot. No matter what type of battery I used, this camera still drains them very quickly.

The C875 is a nice camera, but I’m glad I got the chance to go back to using mine. I like almost everything about it, except for the battery issue. If you’re willing to overlook that problem or keep a stock of fresh batteries with you, this is a good choice for you.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431805356861131/k2311a0518/5.18.08