Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • I saw it on the store shelves late last year, but I think it has been out for quite awhile now
  • I noticed that my skin seemed even drier than usual when I used the Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

• by Jenn Eblin

The Burt’s Bees is a line of skin care and beauty care products that I have used for years now. The company began making a cleanser called Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. I saw it on the store shelves late last year, but I think it has been out for quite awhile now. At $8 (or $7.99) for a 6 ounce tube of cleanser though, it seems a little steep to me. It isn’t that bad of a deal considering the price of similar cleansers, but since I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, it took me awhile to finally decide to buy it.

The packaging on this is very cute, though it doesn’t really show what is inside the tube. They use bright yellow daisies superimposed on a white background, with a large daisy in the center. Above the picture you can see the name of the product along with the Burt’s Bees logo. The tube is meant to sit on a bathroom counter, with the cap on the bottom. This helps the cleanser

stay at the bottom of the tube. If you’ve ever had to squeeze that last little bit of product out of a jar or bottle, you know how helpful this can be!

I tried to smell the cleanser before I put it on my face, just to see if I could pick up any hints of chamomile, but I didn’t smell anything. Once I put it on my face though, the smell instantly kicked in. it doesn’t smell like chamomile, but for some reason it smells like lemonade! I couldn’t believe how strong the lemonade type scent was so I had someone else smell it and they too noted that it smelled like the drink. Oddly enough though, this only kicks in when you put it on.

Not long after I put it on, it started tingling. It wasn’t entirely pleasant, but the tingling continued to grow stronger and pretty quickly too. I could feel it sinking into my skin and I have to admit that I didn’t like it. Even after I rinsed off my face and dried ...

• my face, my skin still felt like it was tingling and even burning a little bit.

I noticed that my skin seemed even drier than usual when I used the Burt’s Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. There was a little bit of flaking, and it grew even worse after using it. The directions say that you can use this every day, but I have to limit myself to once a week because of the dryness. If you have dry skin, you probably won’t like this one.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311805356821131/k2311a0518/5.18.08