Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper in Chili Macaroni
2.0
  • I thought perhaps I could get lucky and the taste wouldn't be as strong as the smell, but I was to be disappointed

• by Melissa Glenn

I have long been a fan of Betty Crocker products, and have tried a variety of her hamburger helper meals over the years, but I had never tried the Chili Macaroni flavour until now. What really made me buy it at my local supermarket was the picture of the Old El Paso seasoning mix on the front of the box. I absolutely love any Old El

Paso product, and figured this along with the respected Betty Crocker name would make for a great hamburger meal for me and my guest.

This is an absolutely terrible product. To begin with, there was so little elbow macaroni included that I had to add some more from a package I already had at home. Then when I added the Old El Paso seasoning to the ground ...

• beef and the macaroni the smell was so strong I had to open a window! I thought perhaps I could get lucky and the taste wouldn’t be as strong as the smell, but I was to be disappointed.

One bite of Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper in Chili Macaroni and I knew I wasn’t eating anything that even remotely resembled a chilli taste. This tasted like paprika and

salt and was so strong I may as well have used cardboard instead of hamburger.

I don’t know what Betty Crocker was thinking, or Old El Paso for that matter. The taste was absolutely terrible, and while I respect both products, I won’t buy this particular Hamburger Helper again. Even the dog wouldn’t eat it! Truly I felt like I had wasted $1.99CDN on this meal helper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271805356421031/k2311a0518/5.18.08