High Seas Body Wash  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I enjoy marine scents, so when I found High Seas Body Wash on sale for only $1.99CDN I bought it due to the great scent
  • Little did I know I should have left this body was exactly where I found it
  • The lettering is done in navy outlined in white and there is a picture of three waves on the front of the bottle, definitely meant to put the consumer like me in mind of the sea or ocean

• by Melissa Glenn

I enjoy marine scents, so when I found High Seas Body Wash on sale for only $1.99CDN I bought it due to the great scent. I could actually smell the ocean in this body wash and I couldn’t wait to suds up with it. Little did I know I should have left this body was exactly where I found it; on the pharmacy shelf!

High Seas packaging is eye catching. The body wash bottle is bright red with a navy

blue pop top. The lettering is done in navy outlined in white and there is a picture of three waves on the front of the bottle, definitely meant to put the consumer like me in mind of the sea or ocean.

When I first opened this bottle of body wash in the shower I was hit by the smell of the Ocean, and that is where the redeeming qualities of High Seas Body Wash ends. I truly had to shake ...

• the 350ml plastic bottle really hard to even get out the smallest amount of body wash. When I did manage to shake the product out on to a wash cloth it came out in a thick gel clump, it wasn’t liquid at all!

Washing with High Seas was quite a challenge; I ended up having to add water to the body wash and then I ended up with a thick paste to wash with. It was so thick that I

was beginning to wonder if the manufacturers had actually put hair gel in the bottle instead of a body wash.

This is a terrible product. The advertisement on the back of the bottle says High Seas is designed to get rid of odour and that it ‘nourishes and recharges’. While the scent is great there is nothing nourishing about this body wash, it felt hard and harsh on my skin and after using it once I threw it away. Don’t buy this product!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311805356391031/k2311a0518/5.18.08