Finesse Extra Body Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have used Finesse Hair Mousse with great results, so I thought why not give the shampoo a try
  • I was disappointed with the scent, but I did enjoy the gentle lather I got when I shampooed, and my hair combed out easily without any tangles whatsoever
  • I would definitely buy Finesse Extra Body Shampoo again, and the price is certainly right

• by Melissa Glenn

I always wondered how a shampoo could add ‘extra body’ to your hair and decided to conduct my own experiment by buying Finesse Extra Body Shampoo in a 300ml bottle for $2.99CDN at my local drug store. I have used Finesse Hair Mousse with great results, so I thought why not give the shampoo a try.

The packaging for Finesse shampoo is unremarkable; a simple dark blue bottle with the word Finesse in

large white lettering. The directions on the back said that this shampoo was suitable for fine limp hair. While my hair isn’t limp it does have a fine texture and I have always had to be careful what kind of shampoo I buy, as ones with heavy additives often weigh it down and require a clarifying conditioner.

When I first used this shampoo I was struck by its lack of scent. I actually like ...

• scents in my shampoo, and all I got from this clearish white colored shampoo was a mild soap scent. I was disappointed with the scent, but I did enjoy the gentle lather I got when I shampooed, and my hair combed out easily without any tangles whatsoever.

Over a couple of weeks of using Finesse Extra Body Shampoo I did notice my hair had more bounce and that my curls were springy and soft.

While I did discover that no shampoo can add body to your hair, Finesse works by providing gentle cleansing so that your hair doesn’t get bogged down with dyes and additives and retains its own natural body.

While the claim of adding Extra Body is not true; this is a great gentle shampoo, and did work well on my hair. I would definitely buy Finesse Extra Body Shampoo again, and the price is certainly right!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311805356381031/k2311a0518/5.18.08