Creative Zen Neeon 2
  • One of these skins cost around $10 or so, so it's a pretty good buy
  • For it's price and functions, it's really the best deal I can get out of a known and established brand

• by BARRY

Creative is a company found by Sim Wong Hoo in Singapore at around 1981. It’s main source of products consist of sound cards, speakers, mp3 players, headphones and earphones. They are one of the few companies trying to challenge Apple in their bid for dominance in the mp3 market.

I am currently using a Creative ZEN Neeon 2(1GB), which was a gift for my girlfriend from her fellow colleagues. I borrowed the mp3 player for some time now, it has now became part of my life,

as I really cannot live without music sometimes. I usually use it during my bus and train journeys. But one bad point that bugs me, is that the noise interference in the bus can be really strong, so I cannot really listen to my music properly. Therefore, most of my mp3s inside are either loud or of a higher quality rip from a CD.

I did not really like Creative Technologies’ way of marketing, especially when they limit you with several colors for a smaller memory space. Like for the Creative ZEN Neeon 2, the back plate comes in 5 colors (Black, Silver, Blue, Pink, Orange) for the 1GB and 2GB model, but it only has 2 colors(Black, Silver) for the 4GB model. It applies to Apple Ipods too.

This mp3 player has a few nifty functions: view photos, watch videos, FM radio and a few other small functions such as microphone. It even has a theme setting for you to change colors of the background and the font. I use it most ...

• Creative Zen Neeon 2
      of the time to play music only. Mainly because I don’t want to bring the slightly bulkier PSP around, this compact little mp3 player would come in handy. I have to admit I really loved it’s compact size, though the screen is not actually big.

Creative providies you a free skin with any purchase of the Neeon 2, it’s usually random skins inside the box. One of these skins cost around $10 or so, so it’s a pretty good buy. These skins gives me a more sleek

and personalized look.

The thing that really irritates me about the Neeon 2 was that it broke down fairly easily. It took a few months before I had to make a trip to the Creative store to get it repaired. Other than that, I really don’t see much faults in the Neeon 2. For it’s price and functions, it’s really the best deal I can get out of a known and established brand.

So really, to conclude, 8/10 for the price, 7/10 for it’s functions and design, 3/10 for bad technical support.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161805355610931/k2311a0518/5.18.08