Playstation 2
  • My first game that i bought at that time was one of the Raw vs
  • I love those games which has the display settings for wide screen, it really enhances my gaming experience for most of the games, the images don't feel distorted

• by BARRY

Sony has been in the gaming console industry since their release of the original Playstation 1 in 1994. They released their Playstation 2 around 2001-2002 period in my country,Singapore. It’s really a big hit in all major countries, especially in United States and Japan. They even had a production shortage during it’s initial release.

At that period, Microsoft tried to counteract with the release of their own gaming console, the XBOX. It didn’t make an impact in Japan, with loyal supporters of the Playstation as the reason. Surprisingly, til now, the Playstation 2 is still quite a hit, even with the release of the Playstation 3.

I bought my Playstation 2

around 2002. At that period, it was at a really expensive price in my country. My first game that i bought at that time was one of the Raw vs. Smackdown games. I was really hooked to the playstation 2 at that time.

the controller was really much lighter compared to it’s first version of Dual Shock controllers. But sadly, the controller tends to break down fairly easily, and there’s actually no warranty for the controllers. So I would have to spend some extra cash on another one.

Graphics wise, it really depends on the game developers. I love those games which has the display settings for wide screen, it really ...

• enhances my gaming experience for most of the games, the images don’t feel distorted. I appreciate the hard work of the game developers, especially with releases like Final Fantasy 10 and 12, Silent Hill 3. It was really the start of a new generation of Playstation 2 games.

Games for Playstation 2 have subsided now, since the release of the powerhouse, Playstation 3. The last batch of good games are, Okami, Odin Sphere, God of War 2, Final Fantasy 12,etc. But I will not forget my past collection of even better games, like Tekken 4 and 5, Twisted Metal:Black,etc.

With a huge volume of Playstation 2 games already available, I cannot

see how the Playstation 2 console would subside in a few years to come. It’s slim version was also released quite recently, with the reduction of several components inside. I would prefer the fat version of the Playstation 2. Mainly because the Slim has a very flimsy cover,which I don’t really like. It also doesn’t has a fan behind, it might make the Playstation 2 heat up way too fast.

The Playstation 2 is a long running champion for the past 7-8 years. It’s still going quite strong even with the release of the Playstation 3. So I would give a 9/10 for it, especially with it’s huge amount of good games available.

Playstation 2

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281805355600931/k2311a0518/5.18.08