Dolphin Safari Gibraltar  » Travel  »
Dolphin Safari Marina Bay Gibraltar
  • You do need to phone up and book in advance though to avoid disappointment, you can also book through a travel representative in the resorts

• by Lyndsey

We defiantly had a day to remember when we went out on a Dolphin Safari in Gibraltar at marina bay. There were 4 of in our group my husband, my dad, our 3-year-old son Kurt and I. My mom had stopped behind to look after Josh as he was is too young to enjoy the trip and Mom doesn’t like boats anyway. We boarded the boat, the Goldfin which holds up to 12 passengers and we were told that there was a 98% chance that we would get to see some Dolphins, but if

we didn’t we would get compensation.

The boat was well equipped with a bar for drinks, toilets, picnic tables and plenty of sunshades. The sunshades were very useful as the day we went out it was very hot. We also decided to cover our selves in sun cream because we were told you burn easier if you’re out on a boat.

I was amazed when I first saw the dolphins they are magnificent animals to see them in the natural surrounding was great. I had seen them in captivity before but never like this.

• We saw a baby dolphin playing with his/her mom; they come up so close to the boat it was so amazing. We also saw some flying fish, which confused our son, as he couldn’t under stand the flying fish. He even started to name some of the dolphins and even talks about that still a few months on. We even spotted some sea turtles but we didn’t see any sharks but it is possible to see them too on this trip.

We all had a great time on the trip, which lasts approximately an

hour and a half and costs £20 for adults and £15 for children under 12, which is great value. It is also possible to hire the boat for £200 for an hour and a half; in August it’s only an hour. You do need to phone up and book in advance though to avoid disappointment, you can also book through a travel representative in the resorts.

The experience is well worth the money. We are hopefully going to go back some time in the near future and hope to even get my Mom on the trip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381805355570931/k2311a0518/5.18.08