Sure and Secure Extra Tall Walk-Thru Gate  » Baby care  »
  • This is the only one I have found that I would whole-heartedly recommend to other parents, both for the quality of the product and the price

• by H. Carter

We have three children and have tried several different brands and styles of baby gates over the years. This is the best gate that we have found. We now have two of these gates in our home. The first one has been installed for 9 months and still works like new. The second was installed 3 months ago and still works perfectly too.

We went

through several styles of baby gates before we bought the Sure and Secure gate. This is the only one I have found that I would whole-heartedly recommend to other parents, both for the quality of the product and the price.

I like the walk-thru feature. The latch is simple to operate, but is still too complex for my 2-year old to unlock by herself.

• This gate is tension-mounted in the doorframe, but it fits securely. Again, it has withstood much abuse by my two-year-old and my elementary-aged daughter and more recently by my youngest child.

The only negative comment that I can make is about the bar that runs horizontally across the doorway. You have to step over this bar to step through the doorway, but we all adjusted to

this pretty quickly, even my two-year-old.

We initally bought one of these gates to block one doorway in our new house, then tried several other designs in another doorway. We went through three other gates (2 latches broke, one gate was too noisy) before we bought our second Sure and Secure, and I would have saved myself frustration and money if we had just bought this gate in the first place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541605354780131/k2311a0516/5.16.08