To Serve them all my Days
  • Nine times out of ten, you tend to be disappointed, but I wasn't

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviwing the mini series, To Serve them all my Days. The mini series follows David Powlett-Jones (John Dutine) who comes to teach at a bording school named Bamfylde. David has just barely survived the trenches of World War I, and is a nervous wreck. His hands shake, his voice trembles, and he is unsteady.

He can barely hold himself together.

After suffering from shell shock, he spends time in wards, where he is encouraged to seek out a position at the school. It is unlikely for David that he, a miner’s son, should teach at such a presitgious school.

He turns out to be quite the rare teacher. He is eager to both teach and learn from his students. The mini ...

• series follows David through two decades.

We meet many young boys over the years, and meet David’s love interest, Beth. Tragedy strikes and finds David alone, but not for long. This miniseries was broadcasted on the PBS Masterpiece Theatre, and is based on the classic novel by classic R.

F. Delderfield. I love this mini series.

It is fantastic. It is glorious. It

is stupendous.

The acting on everyone’s part is phenomenal, and they really did a fine job portraying each character from the book. Usually when you read a book and love it (as I did), you are a little skeptical about watching a movie based upon it. Nine times out of ten, you tend to be disappointed, but I wasn’t.

This is phenomenal. You can’t miss it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111605354700131/k2311a0516/5.16.08