Salted Nut Roll bars  » Recipes  »
  • One of my favorite candy bars is the Salted Nut Roll

• by Angie

One of my favorite candy bars is the Salted Nut Roll. When I had these bars, they tasted so close to the Salted Nut Roll that this is one of my favorite recipes ever.

Base: 1 package yellow cake mix 1 egg 2/3 cups margarine, melted

2 cups mini-marshmellows

Topping: 2/3 cups white corn syrup 2 cups salted peanuts 2 Tablespoons vanilla ...

• 1/4 cup margarine 2 Cups Rice Krispies 12 ounces peanut butter chips

Combine cake mix with 2/3 cup melted margarine and egg, mix until crumbly. Press into 9 X 13 pan and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with marshmellows. Return to oven and let marhsmellows

puff. Remove from heat and cool.

In a saucepan, heat corn syrup, 1/4 cup margarine, vanilla and chips until melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal and nuts, then spoon over crust. Cool and serve.

I love this recipe so much. I swear I could eat half the pan myself. That is just how good they are. I always look forward to picnics when these are served. This is truly a comfort food. Yum yum.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491505354400331/k2311a0515/5.15.08