Centerville Super Speeddway  » Entertainment  »
0.5
Centerville, AR
  • I went to Centerville Super Speeddway in Centerville, Arkansas on Saturday, April 26 and it was the worst experience at a dirt track (or any race track for that matter) that I have ever had
  • One class which started with six ended with two, so boring was the way to describe it

• by Robin Wilson

I love dirt track racing. The guys that race their cars at the small hometown tracks are the heart and soul of stock car racing. I feel that it is sad when these small town tracks are owned by people who don’t care about the sport, all they care about is the money. I went to Centerville Super Speeddway in Centerville, Arkansas on Saturday, April 26 and it was the worst experience at a dirt track (or any race track for that matter) that I have ever had.

The whole establishment was in such poor condition that I almost left before the races even begain. The stands were dangerous due to their state of disrepair. I was glad I had not brought my children, because I wouldn’t have felt safe letting them play around the stands like I do at

most of the races I go to.

I went to the bathroom and it was awful, an outhouse couldn’t have been worse, and the scarry part is that one of the ladies that goes to the track regular said that at least it wasn’t hot summer because then the smell is as bad as an outhouse. I wasn’t really hungry but I eat at every establishment I go to so that I can critique the food as well as the other services. The ladies in the consession stand were the one good thing about the meal.

The hamburger was cold and stale. The ladies appoligized for the popcorn not being salty but it apperared that the track owner is so cheep that he just puts regular salt and not popcorn salt on it. Yuck!

The people that I sat by ...

• were die-hard racing fans who lived close to the track and had been going there regular for years.

They talked about most of the drivers like they were family or at least close friends. Telling me about the drivers past accomplishments or failures and sometimes about their families. They talked about what the guys had in their cars and if they were legal or not.

They also had a lot of negitive things to say about the owner and how he treated the regular drivers. It sounded to me like these guys should all find another place to race where maybe they would be treated better. The racing itself wasn’t very good due to the fact that there were so few cars.

How can it be a good race if there are only three cars to start with. One class

which started with six ended with two, so boring was the way to describe it. There were five classes but only about 25 cars there.

The one good thing I could say here is that there was a class for kids 16 and under to race in so that they could learn and not be racing against the adults. But I will add that this didn’t really make for good racing. During intermission they had go-cart racing for the kids.

There were only five carts and not all in the same class, I didn’t feel that the track was in good enough shape that it was safe for the kids to be out there. After my experience at this track I hope that others won’t waste there time and money going to this track, but instead find one that is worth the time to enjoy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591505354330331/k2311a0515/5.15.08