Half Nelson  » Movies  »
  • I don't think I could picture anyone else but him in this role
  • I love teacher movies, and Ryan Gosling is the man for the job

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the 2006 movie, Half Nelson starring Ryan Gosling. Half Nelson revolves around a school teacher who is a favorite among his students. His class is always active with humor and fun, and everyone loves him…everyone except him.

Ryan Gosling’s character smokes pot and does several other drugs behind the scenes. He has

messed up his personal life, and is now starting to mess up his professional one.

When one of his students finds him smoking pot in the bathroom, the student becomes immediately concerned. For him, it is a new low.

He vowed never to let any of his kids see him at it, but he failed ...

• at that. He acquires a friendship with this student and the two of them watch out for one another.

Neither is willing to give up on the other, and the relationship between teacher and student is explored. Ryan Gosling brings his character to life in the film.

I don’t think I could picture anyone

else but him in this role. I love teacher movies, and Ryan Gosling is the man for the job.

He made a good teacher, and was very convincible. This movie isn’t for everyone, especially not for children.

There is a lot of drug use throughout. If you don’t mind the drugs, then you’ll like this movie.

I know I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111505354260331/k2311a0515/5.15.08