Tesco Internet Phone  » Internet  »
  • It is very easy to see how much a call is going to cost you

• by Ellen W

An Internet phone will plug into your computer and after downloading the software you can make calls in the same way that you use an ordinary telephone. We bought a Tesco Internet Phone for ourselves and each of our children when we decided to spend more time at our house in France. As we all have computers it is a free and efficient way of keeping in touch.

You can buy the phone

with a handset or a headset and at the time we got £5 worth of free calls. It is free to ring Internet phone to Internet phone but if you ring a land line or mobile then there is a charge.

The charges are low, 2p to a land line and 10p to a mobile, so the £5 voucher lasts a long time. Then you can add funds by accessing your account on line whenever you want to.

Once you buy the phone the set up and installation is quick and easy and updates are performed automatically. You get to choose your number from a list of numbers, so I have a number that I use in France which is local to where I live in England.

The phone appears on your screen and all your numbers can be stored on it. It also has an ...

• Tesco Internet Phone
      answer phone facility that you can record your own message on to.

When not in use it can be minimized and it will still ring like any other phone, it will not ring when it is closed down so I always keep it open. It is very easy to see how much a call is going to cost you.

By going to the Tesco site you can see the charges to any phone

number. If, for any reason, I have to make a call to a premium line I will always use my Internet phone.

Sometimes it is cheaper, not always, but it prevents me from running up a bill on my land line. We like to use the Internet phone in conjunction with our web cam.

It is great to see & hear the family when we are away for a spell and the added bonus is, of course, that it is free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211405354040131/k2311a0514/5.14.08